Assignments Overview


Stack of Books Source

I must say, I am looking forward to this class. I've always enjoyed the semesters most where I'm able to take coursework outside of my major, and those tend to be the classes that leave the strongest impressions on me.

With regards to the setup of this class and the assignments in it, I think the structure will work well. I think the writing assignments will be interesting--I'm intrigued because it sounds like we'll be retelling stories rather than writing critiques or analyses of them. I haven't had a class where that's been the focus before, but I do think people (or at least, I know I do) process things more effectively when they're asked to summarize or retell them. I've also been enjoying the blogging format so far.

The extra credit assignments look fun, and I hope I incorporate some of them into my weekly routine for the class. The ones I find most intriguing are learning more via the Wikipedia trail, HEART, and growth mindset options, and I see the value of the more reflective ones as well.

I think what I'm going to struggle with most is that I have the ability to pick and choose the assignments I want to do, and that I can be successful without completing every single one. I feel obligated to see things to completion, and I'll feel like I'm slacking off within that, rather than maximizing my experience I think.

Abby

Comments