My Favorite Place






My favorite place is one that I can get to in a variety of ways, although there is one spot in particular that I most prefer: the beach. 

"Andaman beach- A Funstay Day" 
Source: Wikipedia

Growing up in CT, I've always lived about 20 minutes away from the beach, which is something I've learned not to take for granted since coming out to the wild Midwest. My favorite beach, however, isn't the little Hole in the Wall down the road from me--it's the sunny coast of Rhode Island, specifically in Weekapaug, RI. 


View down Weekapaug Beach, RI
Source: Wikipedia


As long as I can remember, I've spent every summer day I could at the beach. The roar of the waves, sun on your face, and sand under your feet never fail to calm me. And of course, a trip to the beach is never complete without some frozen lemonade slushes: 

Del's Lemonade, photo taken in Rhode Island.
Source: Wikipedia

Del's Lemonade originated in Cranston, RI in 1948. In the Northeast, "Del's" is pretty synonymous with frozen lemonade, and it hits the spot every time.

In summary, if you're looking for me anytime during the summer months, look no further than Weekapaug Beach, RI, where I'll be body surfing the waves, reading on the sand, or forming pyramids with my friends. 

Personal Image: At Weekapaug Beach with several friends. 
You can find me in the bottom right. Photo taken August 2019.


Comments

  1. Oh, Abby, how cool that you have a picture of the Andamans there... India has a lot of beaches of course, and the Andaman Islands are a fascinating part of India. Pairing up the Andamans and Rhode Island is a perfect way to get this class started. And now I want some frozen lemonade too... :-)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment