Famous Last Words: Happy Halloween

I realize the timing is weird to write this post, but I'm still going to do it in thinking about last week and last week's assignments.

Reading was enjoyable again, I stuck with the Jataka Tales. So now I've read quite a bit of them, and I did like the author of the ones I read this this week--the perspective shift was subtle but I liked the extra detail, and the morals of some of the stories to me seemed to shift a bit.

This was another writing heavy this week, with both a story and a new story in the Storybook. I think my Storybook entry came out pretty well, and I got some solid feedback on it, so I'm looking forward to the revisions for it this week. It was definitely easier to write when I used my Storylab to lay out some of the basics, so I think I'll do that for this week's Storylab as well, for my final story.

This week also really solidified for me how much I enjoy reading the Storybooks. People's creativity continues to astound me, although sometimes the grammar/some mechanics aren't always there. (Not saying my writing is perfect by any means; just that I'm fairly observant when it comes to noticing it in things I read). But regardless, I did enjoy it enough that for the "Free Reading" over the next few weeks, I may do the "Extra Commenting" extra credit instead.

In terms of other classes/academic things, my schedule's opened up a bit and I'm fighting the strong tendency to just work less efficiently on things. I had a couple of conversations that made me more excited about my Master's that I'm going to be doing next year, and I'm dividing my time between memorizing biochem pathways and solving differential equations for Systems and Controls, due to a couple of exams I have coming up.

Glycolysis mechanism (using glucose to produce ATP) (Source)

I realize this post didn't have a ton to do with Halloween, but realistically I didn't do very much for it-I did enjoy some hot apple cider and my house had 4 trick or treaters though which was pretty exciting.

All in all, done with last week, and well on our way through the next!

Comments