Famous Last Words: From Crazy to Caught up (Week 5)

This week, for reading I watched Sita Sings the Blues, by Nina Patel. I really enjoyed it, and liked the different form of media/change of pace. I definitely had "Rama's great, Rama's good..." stuck in my head for a few days afterwards, but the style of the video was so cool and creative, it made for a really enjoyable watch.

My best writing was definitely the story I wrote this week. This class stretches my creative muscles and writing skills for sure, and is making me realize how out of practice I am with writing stories, but I felt like I reached a pretty cool flow state when I was writing the story, and ended up happy with the result. Some of the stories I've read on others' blogs really impress me, and I'm hoping mine get more creative with more practice.

Other classes are going alright, I took a biochem exam that was way too long for the class period, which is always a frustrating feeling, but at least I was comfortable with the material. My week was really frontloaded with exams and homework, but it eased off later in the week, and let me do some of my own reading and spend time with friends which is always worthwhile. Great reading recommendations: The anthology Stories of Your Life and Others by Ted Chiang which I'm still working on, and the blog Wait But Why, which is in the process of publishing a new series and is super interesting so far.

My week finished up with my friends deciding to do something that ended up being super fun--we all made powerpoints about our summers, and presented them to each other. It was a fun mix of informative (a few interesting internships) and there were a lot of beautiful pictures from cool places such as Colorado, Utah, and Italy. Below is the first slide to my powerpoint:

Screenshot of the powerpoint I shared with my friends about my summer

Comments