Learning Challenge: A Pomodoro Saturday

I've used something similar to the Pomodoro technique before, but it's been awhile. This class reminded me that it's a useful tool, and since today I had a stretch of several hours and a few assignments I wanted to complete, it seemed the perfect opportunity to structure my productivity this way.

The specific timing I did was as follows:

20 min work
5 min break
Every 3rd break is 20 minutes

This is less productivity time than the way it's described in the doc, but it works well for me. Also, what I tended to do was if my timing ended with me nearly done with a task, I would work longer to finish it before taking the allocated break. It enabled me to tackle most of my to-do list for this weekend:
Photo of my to-do list of assignments for this weekend
I like it because it forces me to put my phone down and be focuses for a discrete chunk of time, and allows me to segment out a larger window of time. I don't need it if I'm only working on an assignment for an hour or so, but after about the two hour mark it's a useful way to break it up.

Comments