Famous Last Words: Bronchitis and Red Hair Edition

This week was a really weird week. Schedule-wise, I just got thrown off by starting the week with a stomach bug that took up my whole Monday. And a cough that I've had since last week is officially bronchitis, just overall contributing to a lack of energy this week.

I need to stop making excuses though and be more disciplined with completing the assignments--I'm a little behind where I want to be right now, but I know it's in my control to fix.

In more positive news, a couple of my afternoons were also taken up by adding a pop of color to my life (see below). I'm incredibly excited about how it came out, it's so bright and vibrant. It took a couple afternoons because the first time it got dyed, it came out very bright magenta--which looked super cool too, but wasn't quite the target. The second time though, definitely hit red. Also fun fact about magenta (I did some reading about color theory on Monday this week when I couldn't sleep during my stomach bug): it doesn't exist! Magenta is a color made up by your brain when it sees red and purple in close proximity, but it doesn't exist on the electromagnetic spectrum, because wavelength-wise, the value between red (400 nm) and violet (700 nm) is green! However, instead of showing you green, which wouldn't reaaally make sense, your brain shows you magenta, which cannot be tied to a specific wavelength.


"Before" photo of my hair

"After" photo- bright red!

Assignment-wise, the reading dragged on for me a bit, I felt like the final battle took about 30 pages too long to arrive. But I enjoyed the story I wrote. It took me awhile to come up with an idea, but once I did, the story flowed nicely. I'm also enjoying getting to see everyone's Storybooks start to take shape, there are so many different ideas!

Next week will be busy too with exams I need to study for and OU/TX coming up, but my plan is to catch up a bit on extra credit in this class, and then be on top of all the assignments pretty early on next week, mixing them in with my studying. The immediate future holds an ultimate frisbee tournament for me though, so my weekend unfortunately can't be used to just do 20 hours of homework.

Comments