Famous Last Words: Midterms and Cinnamon Rolls

This week's reading was pretty solid. I enjoyed the video from the Ramayana part two a lot, so I gave the Epified videos a shot for the Mahabharata this week. I enjoyed them, although the pace is really fast sometimes and I'm busy paying so much attention to what they're saying that I don't focus on the visuals quite as much. I will probably continue with the series though in the free reading choice the next couple of assignments.

I enjoyed the writing; the story I picked I thought adapted really well to the next context I put it in. I chose to tell the story of Amba and her sisters from the Mahabharata, but modernized to where she's going to a party. When I first read the story, the way it played out felt a little far-fetched to me, but when I rewrote it, I definitely could see how the emotions and drama and events of the story could be applicable to real life.

Other's stories look like they're going well! I've been really impressed with the Storybooks/Portfolios. I found one that is modeling the world after the Good Place which I thought was immensely creative.

Other classes were definitely quite busy--I had two exams, a project, and a report to do, and I was coming off of a weekend at a music festival (which I arrived back in Norman from at 4:30 Monday morning, yikes) so it was quite a whirlwind. Everything is approximately finished though.

I attended a panel event this week about Food Justice as Social Change, which was really interesting. It made me think about issues like food inequality or land access both more and differently than I have before, which was really good. I also read a few interesting articles, so overall an intellectually interesting week. On the off-chance anybody's reading this, question for ya: Are you more of a dopamine or a serotonin person?

Finished it up by making cinnamon rolls this weekend! They took awhile but it was totally worth it, they were delicious.

Freshly baked cinnamon rolls (Personal photo)

Comments