Week 8 Comments and Feedback

1) Feedback in: Overall, I've enjoyed seeing the feedback I've gotten so far in the class. Everyone does a pretty good job of being both positive but also offering constructive feedback. I like the general format of using questions to guide the feedback, because it's a good way to offer suggestions and reveal potential holes in the stories. So far I think the most useful feedback for me is on things that I can then take and use moving forward, rather than things that are really only applicable to the specific post.

2) Feedback out: I think I give fairly decent feedback. I try to give really concrete pieces, and examples of what I mean, for example rather than saying, "You should fix the grammar on this" saying "This sentence is worded confusingly, or commas should be used this way, etc". Reading other peoples' writing is also honestly one of the most helpful things for my own stories, I've been really impressed with a lot of what I've read.

3) It's fun to get to know people through their posts, but it feels a little one-sided because conversation threads don't really continue. The Intros have been really fun to read though, and I was pretty happy with how mine came out.

4) Looking forward, for comments I think it would be fun if some of the commenting assignments were about replying to comments on your Intro rather than continuing to comment on others', to try and get that back and forth going more.

5) I chose this image because I like how this class has built progressively through the semester--we're constantly adding feedback strategies and tools to our repertoires, and I feel like my writing and commenting is improving because of it. I find it important to approach things iteratively, rather than by trying to learn everything at once and then stop.

Source

Comments