Week 8 Progress

Overall, I'm okay with my progress so far. At first, I was stressed that I didn't really do the "get ahead by a few weeks" tactic that everyone seems to recommend, but I think taking this class as it comes has worked for me decently well. It allows me to enjoy it more I think rather than just trying to get it all done as fast as possible.  I definitely fell more into the habit of using the weekly due dates to establish my routine rather than adhering more strongly to the schedule I initially set, but it works pretty well with my current routine.

I'm about 5 points behind an A right now, which is unfortunate but definitely fixable, I just need to be good about extra credit the next few weeks. I have really enjoyed the extra credit assignments I've done so far--my favorites have been the weekly wrap up, HEART posts, and anything that involves watching random TED talks.

For the second half of the semester I want to solidify the A a bit and try and finish the project portion up before weekends, because when I leave them for the weekend it usually goes more poorly. Hopefully my writing keeps improving, and I do think it would be fun to try more of the tech tip assignments.

Motivational Monday (it's Tuesday it's fine) (Twitter post)

I enjoyed this image I found through the growth mindset memes blog; it's definitely a good reminder, and a challenge to yourself to not be bothered by misperceived limitations.

Comments