Famous Last Words: The End

Well, this is officially my last assignment for this class, which is crazy. Post #62.

With regards to how the reading wrapped up these past couple weeks, I have to say I sort of fell off of it once we lost the more structured assignments. I did most of my work for this class at home, so I didn't explore the comic book options at the Bizz, although I do think they would have been interesting, and kind of regret that a bit. In the end, I started replacing at least one of my reading assignments with the extra commenting extra credit, because I realized how much I enjoyed it (which is ironic, because at the beginning of the semester, I thought that was the assignment I would like least). Overall, my favorite reading assignments were the epics (probably the Mahabharata more so than the Ramayana), and the Jataka tales.

I enjoyed the last story I wrote for this class, which was last week. The scene of the Mahabharata with the brothers at the lake, dying because they didn't listen to the voice, was one that I saw a lot of people rewrite, so I had fun with my take as well. I really enjoy riddles and puzzles, so it was a fun story to write. I definitely think my writing and creativity improved over the course of the semester, which is a cool thing to say.

I was consistently impressed with the originality of people's Storybooks in this class, and I liked getting to read the stories from the other class to get a feel for what they were exposed to. There was one about the dangers of science that I thought was really well-written.

Now I'm excited for Thanksgiving break, where I'll be going home with one of my roommates to her house in Colorado for the third time. And after that, it'll be a whirlwind of holiday spirit and studying, and then home to Connecticut for the holidays. And just like that, senior year will be half over.

Overall, this was a fantastic class, and I got a lot out of it. I'll miss all the interesting stories and articles, and this format of learning things and writing about it in this blog.

The end of the world (Source)

Comments